Anime World
Welcome To Anime World----- Life, Death And Anime In Between.
Anime World
Welcome To Anime World----- Life, Death And Anime In Between.
Anime World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime World

Life, Death and Anime In Between

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Silent Assassin
Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_vote_lcapYour Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_voting_barYour Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_vote_rcap 
xXelectricityXx
Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_vote_lcapYour Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_voting_barYour Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_vote_rcap 
0Renzokuken0
Sephiroth
товарищ
Gohan
freewillow15
Gabriel399
Emilywolf96
UltimateKurosakiX
Latest topics
» By specializing in the jumpy
Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 4:48 am by nishbdh1234

» who has the best hair style
Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 1:19 am by applejuicerss

» Death Note
Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 1:18 am by applejuicerss

» What is the most brutal Anime?
Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 9:57 pm by Bellum88

» Wolfs Rain
Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:05 am by tetito0

» GoldenBoy^^
Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 3:44 pm by tetito0

» How about hellsing
Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 3:39 pm by tetito0

» Soul Eater, anyone~?
Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 3:37 pm by tetito0

» Who's Your Favorite One Piece Character?
Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 3:10 pm by tetito0

Your Religion and Religious Tolerance.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
товарищ
ANBU
ANBU
товарищ

Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. Empty
PostSubject: Your Religion and Religious Tolerance.   Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:35 pm

OKAY THIS IS A TOUCHY SUBJECT SO, IN ALL CAPS, LET ME EXPLAIN THIS: I WILL NOT ALLOW FLAMING, INSULTS, OR ANY FORM OF RAGE IN THIS THREAD. I WILL ASK A MOD PERSONALLY TO REMOVE IT.

The purpose of this thread is simply to say what your religion is, describe it, and tell us why you chose it. I don't think debating your religion here would be a good idea. It's in serious discussions because it is a mature topic. SO ACT MATURE.

I also think this thread should teach some religious tolerance by helping others learn and understand your religion. Ask questions, poke and prod. Be considerate.

I'll start by saying that I'm a Buddhist.
Basics: http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/5minbud.htm
Four noble truths: http://www.thebigview.com/buddhism/fourtruths.html
Eightfold Path: http://www.thebigview.com/buddhism/eightfoldpath.html
The precepts: http://www.thebigview.com/buddhism/precepts.html
Meditation: http://www.thebigview.com/buddhism/meditation.html
Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism

I chose Buddhism because it allows me to choose my own path, make my own choices. I also agree with many of the morals in Buddhist teaching. Really those are my only reasons.

Please ask me any questions you have.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Your Religion and Religious Tolerance.   Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 4:10 pm

Im a Satanist
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Your Religion and Religious Tolerance.   Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 4:13 pm

Deleted by author

Last edited by Sasuke on Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
товарищ
ANBU
ANBU
товарищ

PostSubject: Re: Your Religion and Religious Tolerance.   Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 4:26 pm

... Could you both please provide some info on those.
What exactly is a Satanist? Do you worship the devil or just revere him? Is it just the Christian devil?

What do Christians believe? What are the different belief systems under Christianity?
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Your Religion and Religious Tolerance.   Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:16 pm

Theistic Satanism (also known as Spiritualor TraditionalSatanism) is the worship or reverence of Satan as a deity. It comprises several viewpoints, and may include a belief in magic, which is manipulated through ritual. It may also include the usage of meditation and self expansion. TraditionalSatanists will often find inspiration from older sources (preceding the Satanic Bibleof the 1960s), such the 1862 book Satanism and Witchcraft.One group that falls under the definition of Theistic Satanism are Reverse Christians; this is sometimes used as a disparaging term by other Theistic Satanists and is embraced to a lesser or greater extent by the groups given this label. Groups called Reverse Christiansare said to practice what Christians claim Satanists do, such as performing black masses.

Specific Satanism I am Luciferianism.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Your Religion and Religious Tolerance.   Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:19 pm

Luciferianism can be understood best as a belief system that venerates the essential characteristics that are affixed to Lucifer.Luciferianism is identified by some people as an auxiliary of Satanism, due to the popular identification of Lucifer with Satan. Some Luciferians accept this identification or consider Lucifer as the light bearer aspect of Satan, and thus could properly be called Satanists. Others reject it, arguing that Lucifer is a more positive ideal than Satan. They are inspired by the ancient myths of Egypt, Rome and Greece, Gnosticism and traditional Western occultism.
Back to top Go down
товарищ
ANBU
ANBU
товарищ

PostSubject: Re: Your Religion and Religious Tolerance.   Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:44 pm

Wow, that looks very interesting, I'll google more later when I feel like it.

What's the satanist view on the afterlife?
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Your Religion and Religious Tolerance.   Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 6:09 pm

товарищ wrote:
Wow, that looks very interesting, I'll google more later when I feel like it.

What's the satanist view on the afterlife?

The image of the Theistic Satanist as a worshipper of the Christian view of Satan is perhaps the most incorrect possible view. Indeed, so few such individuals exist as to essentially render it little more than an urban legend.One of the more common Theistic Satanistic churches/groups /whatever is the Temple of Sutekh (Set), which is essentially a Khemetic (Egyptian) belief system focused on (obviously) the Egyptian God, Sutekh. A similiar group are the Lokeans, who worship the chaos deities of the Norse Pantheon (most prominantly, you might guss, Loki).It is important to note that ancient pantheons were NOT perceived as countered forces of Good and Evil, but generally rather of Order and Chaos, both of which are absolutely necessary for a correctly functioning here-and-now and here-after.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Your Religion and Religious Tolerance.   Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 6:10 pm

Ok I am actually a christian.

Now A christian is someone who believes in God and jesus and live by the beliefs of Jesus and their is only one god.Following the path of a christian and living how im suppose to live as a christian.

Last edited by Ganon on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
товарищ
ANBU
ANBU
товарищ

PostSubject: Re: Your Religion and Religious Tolerance.   Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 6:15 pm

I see. You definitely no more about satanism than I do Buddhism. XD
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Your Religion and Religious Tolerance.   Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 6:25 pm

Christianity tends to take beliefsquite seriously. The early fathers and councils carefully distinguished between "orthodoxy" from "heresy" in an effort to preserve what they saw as the true Christian message. In the Middle Ages, established doctrine was carefully safeguarded, and in the 16th century, reformers called for the stripping away of superfluous doctrines and emphasized true faith as the only requirement for salvation. And Christian beliefs remain important today: the many denominations within Christianity center primarily around matters of doctrine rather than practice. Given the great historical attention that has been devoted to it, the 2,000 years' worth of available writing on its many subjects, and its sometimes complex philosophical arguments, Christian doctrine can be an intimidating subject to tackle, especially for the beginner. The following articles therefore attempt to summarize the general consensus of Christian beliefs on everything from God to the afterlife.
Back to top Go down
товарищ
ANBU
ANBU
товарищ

PostSubject: Re: Your Religion and Religious Tolerance.   Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 6:38 pm

Phew, I simply couldn't be a part of the Christian religion because it felt like it was something so jumbled up over the years that no one knew what Christianity was anymore.
Back to top Go down
0Renzokuken0
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
0Renzokuken0

PostSubject: Re: Your Religion and Religious Tolerance.   Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 8:24 pm

I'm a Catholic, but I don't go church every weekend like we're supposed to. Also I don't pray very often but I do believe in Jesus Christ. Smile
Back to top Go down
товарищ
ANBU
ANBU
товарищ

PostSubject: Re: Your Religion and Religious Tolerance.   Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 8:26 pm

I never got the difference between a catholic and a protestant, what exactly, is the difference?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Your Religion and Religious Tolerance.   Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:30 am

i'm a Christan but a lot of people say i don't act like one witch i think is 100% TRUE!

Just like Ganon said, Christianity tends to take beliefsquite seriously. The early fathers and councils carefully distinguished between "orthodoxy" from "heresy" in an effort to preserve what they saw as the true Christian message. In the Middle Ages, established doctrine was carefully safeguarded, and in the 16th century, reformers called for the stripping away of superfluous doctrines and emphasized true faith as the only requirement for salvation. And Christian beliefs remain important today: the many denominations within Christianity center primarily around matters of doctrine rather than practice. Given the great historical attention that has been devoted to it, the 2,000 years' worth of available writing on its many subjects, and its sometimes complex philosophical arguments, Christian doctrine can be an intimidating subject to tackle, especially for the beginner. The following articles therefore attempt to summarize the general consensus of Christian beliefs on everything from God to the afterlife.
Back to top Go down
товарищ
ANBU
ANBU
товарищ

PostSubject: Re: Your Religion and Religious Tolerance.   Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:35 pm

A blog on buddhist pop-culture: http://theworsthorse.com/
Back to top Go down
UltimateKurosakiX
Chuunin
Chuunin
UltimateKurosakiX

PostSubject: Re: Your Religion and Religious Tolerance.   Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:33 pm

i'm currently in between religions. i used to be christian, but i don't want to admit it to my parents because i'm afraid they won't accept it, because i was born in a christian family. right now i'm not sure what religion i want to be.
Back to top Go down
товарищ
ANBU
ANBU
товарищ

PostSubject: Re: Your Religion and Religious Tolerance.   Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 3:37 pm

Hmm. What religions sound interesting to you? There's always agnostic (Not sure on the existence of god) or Atheist (No religion)
Back to top Go down
UltimateKurosakiX
Chuunin
Chuunin
UltimateKurosakiX

PostSubject: Re: Your Religion and Religious Tolerance.   Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 3:56 pm

товарищ wrote:
Hmm. What religions sound interesting to you? There's always agnostic (Not sure on the existence of god) or Atheist (No religion)

well buddhism has always seemed interesting to me...
Back to top Go down
товарищ
ANBU
ANBU
товарищ

PostSubject: Re: Your Religion and Religious Tolerance.   Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 4:00 pm

My first post was full of Buddhism, if you have any questions on it, just ask me. I'm Buddhist ;P
Back to top Go down
Emilywolf96
Chuunin
Chuunin
Emilywolf96

PostSubject: Re: Your Religion and Religious Tolerance.   Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 2:54 pm

I'm Lutheran.

I am not really that religious and don't go to church, never have, but i do believe in an afterlife.

i don't really mind what a persons religion is and don't associate that with who they are and their personality.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Religion and Religious Tolerance.   Your Religion and Religious Tolerance. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Religion and Religious Tolerance.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anime World :: General / Entertainment :: Serious Discussion & Debates-
Jump to: