Anime World
Welcome To Anime World----- Life, Death And Anime In Between.
Anime World
Welcome To Anime World----- Life, Death And Anime In Between.
Anime World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime World

Life, Death and Anime In Between

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Silent Assassin
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_vote_lcapTengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_voting_barTengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_vote_rcap 
xXelectricityXx
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_vote_lcapTengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_voting_barTengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_vote_rcap 
0Renzokuken0
Sephiroth
товарищ
Gohan
freewillow15
Gabriel399
Emilywolf96
UltimateKurosakiX
Latest topics
» By specializing in the jumpy
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 4:48 am by nishbdh1234

» who has the best hair style
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 1:19 am by applejuicerss

» Death Note
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 1:18 am by applejuicerss

» What is the most brutal Anime?
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 9:57 pm by Bellum88

» Wolfs Rain
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:05 am by tetito0

» GoldenBoy^^
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 3:44 pm by tetito0

» How about hellsing
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 3:39 pm by tetito0

» Soul Eater, anyone~?
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 3:37 pm by tetito0

» Who's Your Favorite One Piece Character?
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 3:10 pm by tetito0

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
товарищ
ANBU
ANBU
товарищ

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Empty
PostSubject: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:26 am

[quote=wikipedia]Gurren Lagann, known in Japan as Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (天元突破グレンラガン, Tengen Toppa Guren Ragan?, literally "Heaven-Piercing Gurren Lagann") is a Japanese mecha anime television series animated by Gainax and co-produced by Aniplex and Konami. It ran for twenty-seven episodes on Japan's TV Tokyo between April 1, 2007 and September 30, 2007. It is directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi, written by veteran playwright Kazuki Nakashima and has been in development since the participation of the famed animator in the Abenobashi mecha themed episodes by the same studio. The anime won several awards at the Tokyo International Anime Fair and the Animation Kobe and Japan Media Arts Festivals.[/quote]
Genre:Action/Mech
Studio:GAINAX
Runtime:26eps

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann TengenToppaGurrenLagann

First Impressions:

Gurren Lagann's first few episodes chronicle the adventures of the digger Simon, and his symbolic 'Bro' Kamina. It is a time where humans are forced to live underground, and they only dig deeper and deeper. Kamina's exhuberant dream is too drill to the heavens and escape the cold underground.

After Kamina's and Simon's failed attempt at escape a giant Gunnman beast bursts through the ceiling of their cavern.

Characters:
The characters are exquisite. Kamina is the strong willed numskull who always rushes head on. Simon and Yoko (along with the rest of the characters in their brigade) change their personalities as they progress through the story.

Kamina:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Kamina
A total numskull, with a lot of motivation. He often shouts motivational speeches that would make a monkey get to work. He drives the Dai Gurren Lagann(Their group) against the enemy in often suicidal charges that always end up in his favor

Simon:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann GurrenLagann__Simon
Simon is the kid in the story. He finds the Lagann(his robot) while digging a tunnel for his village. He develops through the story in personality due to shaping events. He's often seen with his mole, Buta.

Yoko:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Yokoportraitsmagazinecover
Yoko is the heroine. She sets Kamina in line and provides motivation for the Dai Gurren Lagann. She's intelligent and sexy at the same time. Her character's emotions change with all the others, in fact, she usually drives them. She sports an anti-gunnman rifle, which she's a pro with.

My Thoughts:
Gurren Lagann is a masterpiece. The mech action is awesome. Often times the series makes you guess. It also makes you cry and it can drive your emotions. The characters change symbolically perhaps as the fights get grander in scale, always drilling towards the heavens. I personally LOVE LOVE LOVE this anime, and you will too most likely!

Notes:
*I don't do ratings, I let the reader decide.
*Please leave comments about the review.
*Thankies for listening.
Back to top Go down
0Renzokuken0
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
0Renzokuken0

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 1:13 am

Yeah this anime is definitely in my top 3. I love how the story develops from being restricted underground to being able to soar through space.

I also agree with how you said there is an array of emotions being felt as you watch this show. There a times you just laugh but in contrast, there are also times when you feel heartbroken for characters.

In essence, this anime is one of the best i've ever seen. I'd easily rate it a 10/10. I've probably only given 2 or 3 shows a full rating this included. So it really is good.
Back to top Go down

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Page 1 of 1